High Hydrogen - Flammability, ignition, deflagration to detonation transition (DDT) Potential for hydrogen based fuels.
||Michels, H.J. High Hydrogen - Flammability, ignition, deflagration to detonation transition (DDT) Potential for hydrogen based fuels., ETI, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5286/UKERC.EDC.000814. Cite this using DataCite
||Health and Safety Laboratory, IC Consultants Ltd
||This deliverable is number 2 of 8 in the project. The current study investigates the impact of fuel reactivity changes caused by the gradual dilution of hydrogen with either methane or carbon monoxide. The impact of nitrogen dilution is also considered. The experimental configuration was chosen to investigate auto-ignition in a turbulent shear layer formed between the fuel jet and a stream of hot combustion products. The results obtained suggest that under the current condition the reactivity of CH4,/H2 blends become increasingly reduced by the CH4 component beyond the 50/50 mixture. By contrast, CO mixtures remain much more reactive over the entire range of conditions. A strong impact of dilution has also been shown and the effect is consistent with a reduced ability of the H2 component of the fuel blend to trigger auto-ignition of the carboncontaining component.
The document contains a series of reports:-
- Report 1: CTO’s Overview of Work Package 2, Task 1. Prof H.J. Michels, Imperial College London.
- Report 2a: Ignition, turbulent deflagration and DDT potential of hydrogen / methane and hydrogen / carbon monoxide mixtures with air. Prof P.R. Lindstedt, Imperial College London
- Report 2b: Shock Tube Studies of the Ignition Delay Times of Syn-Gases. Prof. R. K. Hanson, Dr. D. F. Davidson, Stanford University.
- Report 3: Modelling of blast in hydrogen power generation systems. Dr R.Rosario, BAE Systems.
- Report 4: One-Dimesional model predictions of test rigs pressure distributions (deliverable One). Dr G. Munday, Information Search and Analysis Consultants.
||ETI-CC1018: High Hydrogen
||No associated datasets
High Hydrogen - Basis of Design Document for HSL WP2 Task 3 HRSG Test Rig for ETI - Second Rig
High Hydrogen - Auto-Ignition of Hydrogen Rich Mixtures in Hot Combustion Products
High Hydrogen - Basis of Design Document For Test Rig - Draft document v1.0
High Hydrogen - Basis of Design Document for HSL WP2 Task 2 Test rig for ETI
High Hydrogen - Basis of Design Document for HSL WP2 Task 3 HRSG Test Rig for ETI - First Rig
High Hydrogen - Executive Summary - WP1: Literature review of CCGT/CCGE/CHP systems operating on high hydrogen content gases
High Hydrogen - Experimental results, detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations
High Hydrogen - Interim Project Report: Experimental results and detailed analysis
High Hydrogen - Literature review of CCGT/CCGE/CHP systems operating on high hydrogen content gases.
High Hydrogen - Proposed Representative Fuel Systems
High Hydrogen - dataset of test results