Consumers and Vehicles - Consumer attitudes to electric vehicles - WP1 Tasks 3 - 6
||Anable, J., Schuitema, G., Skippon, S., Abraham, C., Graham-Rowe, E., Delmonte, E., Hutchins, R., Kinnear, N., Lang, B. and Stannard, J. Consumers and Vehicles - Consumer attitudes to electric vehicles - WP1 Tasks 3 - 6, ETI, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5286/UKERC.EDC.000808. Cite this using DataCite
||Anable, J., Schuitema, G., Skippon, S., Abraham, C., Graham-Rowe, E., Delmonte, E., Hutchins, R., Kinnear, N., Lang, B. and Stannard, J.
||TRL, University of Aberdeen, University of Sussex, Shell Global Solutions, TRL
||The Consumer and Vehicles project looked at the potential long-term performance and cost of plug-in vehicles. It examined consumer reactions and behaviours in buying and using them. It explored supporting infrastructure, and included in-depth surveys with 3,000 consumers and real-world testing with 40 drivers
This report documents work carried out to identify consumer responses to plug-in vehicles, including battery electric vehicles and range extended/plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Systematic review of the existing literature
- Qualitative interview data was collected from 11 long-term users of plug-in vehicles, 40 mainstream consumers (each of which were loaned a vehicle for around six days) and 20 fleet managers.
- These tasks informed a large-scale survey of mainstream consumers (2,729 responses) about their attitudes and opinions regarding plug-in vehicles.
- The resulting data was used to produce a segmentation of mainstream consumers, in terms of their likelihood of purchasing a plug-in vehicle and the various factors underlying this likelihood.
- Factors examined included
- attitudes towards perceived functional, instrumental, symbolic and affective characteristics of plug-in vehicles,
- personality variables, and
- reported responses to incentives.
- Alongside the survey of mainstream consumers, a choice experiment was implemented to test the complex trade-offs consumers make between factors (e.g. price, range, infrastructure availability, etc).
||ETI-TR1001: PIVEI: Large Scale Consumer Trial S1 SP1 - Consumers and Vehicles
||No associated datasets
Consumers and Vehicles - Executive Summary - Work Packages 1.1 and 1.2.
Consumers and Vehicles - Executive Summary - Work Packages 1.3 and 1.4
Consumers and Vehicles - Plug-in Vehicle Economics and Infrastructure Project - Request for Proposal
Consumers and Vehicles - Quantifying Consumer Behaviour