Refining Estimates of Land for Biomass - Final Project Report (D10) - Slides for presentation February 2016
||Wynn, S., Elliott, J., Wilson, L., Hockridge, B., Brunton, S., Taylor, R., Konopka, P., Slade, R., Lindegaard, K. and Richardson, W. Refining Estimates of Land for Biomass - Final Project Report (D10) - Slides for presentation February 2016, ETI, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5286/UKERC.EDC.000260. Cite this using DataCite
||Wynn, S., Elliott, J., Wilson, L., Hockridge, B., Brunton, S., Taylor, R., Konopka, P., Slade, R., Lindegaard, K. and Richardson, W.
||ADAS, E4tech, RDI Associates, Crops for Energy, Imperial College Consultants
||ETI-BI2012: Refining Estimates of Land for Biomass
||No associated datasets
||This is the shorter PowerPoint version of the final report from the RELB Project. This D10 presentation highlights the findings from the RELB work packages:
For the detailed version of this report, thereader should see deliverable D9 which is provided in Microsoft Word format.
- Review of existing studies – a review of past estimates in the literature of land availability for new perennial energy crops and new Short Rotation Forestry production in the UK and Europe;
- Desk and Field studies – report of and findings from the validation exercises carried out;
- Mini case studies – individual reports on the three 50x50 km cells assessed in the field study;
- Opportunities and barriers – report of desk study undertaken to understand why bioenergy crop production does not currently utilise the ‘available’ land and to identify opportunities to increase planting;
- Final summary and conclusions