- Storage of CO2 in the Permian Leman Sandstone in the faulted horst block known as Viking A (UKCS block 49/12) in the Southern North Sea.
- Three well development of Viking A from a new unmanned platform supplied with CO2 from Barmston via a 20” 185 km pipeline.
- Final investment decision in 2027 and first injection in 2031.
- The site stores 130Mt of CO2, 5Mt/y for 26 years.
- Capital investment of £150 million (PV10, 2015), equating to £1.2 for each tonne stored.
- Capacity uncertainty is low, but can be reduced further through access to operator data (well rates and pressures)
- Heating is required to achieve the target injection rate in the initial very low reservoir pressure conditions